Obtaining or Changing a Working Holiday Visa
The Japanese Government currently has agreements on Working Holiday Visa's with the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Denmark, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea. Each agreement is slightly different in its way of how it works (length, age limit, etc.)
You need to be a citizen of each country and to be living in the country at the time of application. You need to provide proof that you have sufficient money to support yourself during the initial days of your stay in Japan. The application is to be submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate close to where you live. It is not possible to submit the application at the Immigration office in Japan.
For more detail, please also see the following web sites:
- Japanese Embassy in UK
- Japanese Embassy in Ireland
- Japanese Embassy in Canada
- Japanese Embassy in Australia
- Japanese Embassy in New Zealand
- Japanese Embassy in France
- Japanese Embassy in Germany
- Japanese Embassy in South Korea
- Japanese Embassy in Denmark
- 日本台灣交流協會 台北事務所
- Japanese Consulate in Hong Kong
- Japan Association of Working Holiday Makers
It is possible to change a working holiday visa to a work visa if you find a job in Japan that falls under the work visa categories, provided that you satisfy all the requirements.
Certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japan Immigration Office, we can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other immigration procedures.